For as long as I can remember I have been extremely over sensative to noises. So over senstive that I have a hard time eating with people at times, I carry eag plugs around me every day and use them to sleep and even when I see a movie. I switch seats in school or church if someone is taping near me, and have had times where I couldn't leave a situation and someone will bring me to tears because they won't stop the noise. My friends and family have teased me for years and even got annoyed with me for being too sensitive...well now I have proof that I am not crazy...or at least I am crazy with a medical term attached to it. If you know me well you will laugh when you read this web page....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia
I have done so much research and found all these people that are just like me. They have put up testimonials of their stories and things that they have thought...things they are ashamed to have thought. For example, wanting to physically hurt someone when they make a noise that bothers you...hurts you. It's just amazing to hear that these people are just as odd as I am and that their stories are eerily similar to mine I was dumb struck. I still am...that's why I am writing a blog about it.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
There was an episode of Grey's Anatomy that talked about something similar. In there story some parents brought their daughter in and wanted to have her commited. They said she had voices in her head and she freaked out over things that werent there. ONe of the doctors figured out that she actually had an inner ear problem and heard every little noise, magnified greatly. She got surgery and was all better, and I know its TV and fake, but I have been around you at the dinner table. I know you are sensitive to noises. It doesn't make you crazy, there's other things that do that;). I love you!!
LOL!!! A NAME! YAYAYAYAYAY! :) It sounds like having a name makes you feel better....and thats all that matters :) now my only question would be.....just how bored are you! love you! miss you!
I'm glad you have diagnosed yourself!!!
Well at least we will have a name for it when we are helping the officer pull you off of those annoying movie talkers.
Post a Comment