Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Port Gamble


On Saturday I was heading to a catering job in Port Gamble Washington and when we entered the town we soon realized that this wasn't a normal town. It gave off that sleepy town vibe and soon we realized something else odd. There were old tents pitched everywhere and then a canon exploded somewhere in front of us and as we turn to our right we saw a field with the Confederate army and Union army going at it as if it were the 1800's! I always assumed that they only did Civil War reenactments in the south but I guess that past time is enjoyed everywhere...well maybe not everywhere since the Japanese girl with us couldn't understand for the life of her why we would ever want to reenact a war.

2 comments:

bec said...

War reenactment is a very popular past time actually. I always see the mid evil swordsmen club practicing on campus (you should really look into this when you get down here) and this past week my brother met a group of people with full on pirate like attire who meet each week up in the mountains to reenact battles. He said it was pretty cool because they let him swing one of there swords around for a bit.

Anonymous said...

FYI That last post was actually composed and published by the infamous Brandon.