Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The building I work in has one main elevator open to the public and one that no one ever uses because no one knows that it exists. The building is only 4 stories high and yet people crown into the elevator instead of using the stairs. It takes twice as long and you don't get to work your calf muscles. I am pretty sure I pulled a muscle in my butt today from running up the stairs and yet I still don't take the elevator. One thing I am kind of curious about is that throughout the day I will be going up and down the stairs a dozen times and people coming up or down opposite of me will look at me wide eyed like something is wrong and say things like whoa...or.. oh my....or.. hello! I didn't understand why people kept on giving me such strange looks and saying funny comments, and after a month of working here I have just realized it's because I never casually walk the stairs, I am always moving quickly and sometimes even running. But even when I am just moving quickly people still give me a hard time, I think they are all sloths and I am going to keep moving at the speed I like.

1 comment:

bec said...

I think I'm a sloth.